Managing Your Loans
If you have graduated, have stopped attending classes at a "half-time" enrollment status, or are not currently enrolled, your enrollment status is reported to your lender(s) and you enter into your grace period. Your lenders will contact you regarding repayment on your student loans.
Not sure what to do next? Then you've come to the right place!!
1. Complete an Exit Counseling online at www.StudentLoans.gov.
2. Use the exciting and interactive USA Funds Life Skills courses. Eastern has partnered with USA Funds® to give all Eastern students access to Life Skills®, a free online learning program that offers 30+ interactive, online lessons to equip you to be financially and academically successful while enrolled in school and after graduation. Topics include understanding credit scores and money management, job interview prep, time management, saving money, getting ready for graduate school, loan repayment, and many, many more!!
View the guide for detailed instructions on how to access these courses.
3. Visit the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) at www.NSLDS.ed.gov to see a complete list of the Federal Loans you’ve borrowed at any point during your education. You’ll be able to see the following information:
- Type of Loan
- Loan Amount
- Loan Date
- Disbursed Amount
- Outstanding Principal Balance
- Outstanding Interest
- Loan Status
- Contact Information for Current Servicer, Lender, and Guaranty Agency