Permission to Take Course Work Elsewhere
A student must apply for and receive permission before taking courses at another college/university in order to transfer the courses, credits and grades to Eastern University. Approval assures the student that credits and grades earned at other colleges will be calculated into the Eastern grade point average and courses will satisfy desired requirements or electives.
1. Fill out the form below.
2. Provide the course description(s) from the other institution in the appropriate box below.
3. For elective courses and courses on the 100-level in your major, you may electronically submit the form to the Registrar.
4. If the course is above 100-level in your major, you must download the application form and submit the form to the chair of your major department. The chair will evaluate the courses you are requesting permission to transfer and forward the major form to the Registrar for final action.
5. Notification is sent to the student via campus e-mail and noted in the Comments section of the student's degree audit.
6. It is your responsibility to register at the other institution and pay all applicable tuition and fees. When you have completed the approved course(s), complete a transcript request form to have the other institution send your official transcript to the Office of the Registrar, Eastern University, 1300 Eagle Road, St. Davids, PA 19087-3696.
Please allow 3-5 business days for processing.
Rush requests may be submitted by fax (610-341-1707) or in person to the Office of the Registrar, McInnis 251 (please use the downloadable form).
If you have questions regarding this request, please contact Devon Cockerill, Assistant Registrar (610-341-5856).