Checklist of Preparations
Congratulations! You have been accepted to Eastern University! Now what? Here are a number of things you must do after you have been accepted to Eastern, but before you arrive. This may not be a complete list, but it will help you get organized. A few blank spaces are left at the bottom for you to write in others as you encounter them.
- Complete the financial documentation required of the student visa. Submit to Admissions.
- Pay the SEVIS fee and schedule a visa interview with the U.S. Consulate.
- Already in the U.S.? Request the transfer of your SEVIS record to Eastern or talk to International Student Services about a change of visa status to F-1, if necessary.
- Complete all the health requirements. Get any necessary vaccinations. Fill out health forms and enroll in the required* student health insurance plan.
- Make your flight arrangements and if necessary, get transit visas.
- Make transportation arrangements from the airport to Eastern University.
- Pay advance deposit and set up a payment plan with Student Accounts.
- Register for courses.
- Submit your housing application form (undergraduate students).
- Explore off-campus housing options if necessary (graduate students).
- Make note of move-in and international student orientation dates and plan to arrive accordingly.
- Check out student activities and consider getting involved in campus life.
Any questions? Talk to your admissions counselor or contact the Office of International Student and Scholar Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. (610) 341-5870 or Fax (610) 341-1705.
*The student health insurance plan is required of all first-year international students, undergraduate and graduate. You should make every effort to get the necessary vaccinations before traveling, but if you have an unusual situation contact the Student Health Center. For more information, contact the Student Health Center at (610) 341-5955 or email@example.com.