BA in Criminal Justice
Why Major in Criminal Justice?
Criminal Justice is one of the most popular programs at many colleges and universities across the country. With its dual commitment to the integration of critical analysis and applied knowledge, Eastern University’s liberal arts-based criminal justice program prepares students for law school and graduate study as well as for a significant number of career options. These include: law enforcement, advocacy, community organizing, policy and planning, public service, ministry, and others.
Why Choose Eastern?
- RESTORATIVE JUSTICE FRAMEWORK: The program is driven by a restorative justice perspective that emphasizes prevention and restoration, with a commitment to human redemption on the domestic and global level.
- ADDRESSES PRESSING ISSUES: Students are equipped to understand and address some of the most pressing issues of our time—from social inequality to public safety, victimology, and community reintegration.
- RESEARCH-BASED APPROACH: Examining the issues involves drawing on criminological theories, applying valid and reliable research methodologies to criminal justice practices, and using social statistics to analyze the data.
- VALUABLE PRACTICAL SKILLS: Students learn valuable skills such as problem solving, communication, and critical thinking and reasoning.
- ANCHORED IN A CHRISTIAN WORLDVIEW: At Eastern University, a Christian liberal arts institution, faculty integrate their faith into their teaching and research scholarship.
- SMALL CLASSES, INERNSHIPS, AND NETWORKING: With its small classes, privileged location near Philadelphia, ample internship opportunities, and substantive connections with law enforcement and the Academy of Criminal Justice Studies, Eastern University offers students an ideal path to a degree by offering a major in criminal justice.