COVID-19 Information & Prevention
2019-nCoV or COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus whose first cases appeared in mainland China. Eastern University is following the guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local or state health departments.
The CDC is conducting ongoing investigations to learn more about COVID-19. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including the tips below.
Learn more about COVID-19 on the CDC website.
These everyday habits can help prevent the spread of several viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home or in your room when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your sleeve (not your hands) or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Learn more about COVID-19 on the CDC website
Local Health Center Resources
Daytime Services: Contact the campus Health Center at 610-341-5955 or firstname.lastname@example.org between 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, or contact your primary care physician.
Evening Services: For information or services after 4:00 PM near St. Davids campus please contact or visit any one of the following health care centers:
- RediClinic: 237 E Lancaster Ave, Wayne, PA 19087. Closes 8PM, Phone (833) 423-7334, www.rediclinic.com
- Patient First - Devon: 133 Lancaster Ave, Devon, PA 19333, Closes 10PM, Phone:(484) 581-2990
- Bryn Mawr Hospital: 24 hours, 130 S Bryn Mawr Ave, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010, Phone: (484) 337-3000