In consideration of being permitted to visit, participate in activities or other programs, or being present on any Eastern University (“EU”) campus or satellite campus or at an EU sponsored event – the participant, and the participant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) if the participant is a minor, agree as follows:
- I am aware that the novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) is an extremely contagious virus and that it is currently believed that COVID-19 spreads through person-to-person contact.
- I acknowledge and understand that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day-to-day, and that the CDC guidelines are regularly modified and updated. I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates, and making informed choices to take precautionary measures to protect myself and others.
- I will not come to campus if I test positive for COVID-19, experience signs of illness related to COVID 19, or have been recently exposed to COVID-19 per CDC Guidelines.
- In addition to the CDC guidelines, I agree to abide by any and all policies or postings published to the general public from EU related to COVID-19.
- I acknowledge that I am aware of the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others.
- I agree that, in the event that I suspect that I became exposed to or infected by COVID-19 while an EU campus or at an EU sponsored event and I elect to seek testing and/or treatment as a result therefrom, I will be responsible for payment of any and all medical services and testing services that are necessary.
- I voluntarily choose to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death related to COVID-19 arising from or in connection with my presence on an EU campus or at an EU sponsored event. I hereby release and hold harmless EU, its subsidiaries, their employees, agents, directors, officers and representatives and other participants (“Released Parties”) from and against all liabilities (statutory or otherwise) for claims, suits, demands, judgments, costs, interest and expense (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and disbursements) for injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death related to COVID-19 arising from or in connection with my or my child(ren)’s presence on an EU campus or at an EU sponsored event, even if arising from the negligence, acts, or omissions of the release parties.
- If I so desire, I will exercise the individual right to wear a facial mask for personal protection and to reduce possible risk to other people.