- Monthly testing will be maintained throughout the academic year for both vaccinated and unvaccinated residential students.
- Contact tracing will be maintained when indicated to track exposure to COVID-19. During the semester, residential students who test positive, who live within two hours driving distance, will be asked to return home for isolation.
- Masking is strongly recommended when inside buildings, regardless of vaccination status.
- All residential students must submit the EU COVID-19 Acknowledgement Form available from the Student Development Office. This form acknowledges more comprehensive measures, if needed, to manage COVID-19.
- Residence Halls will be using the Phase System for visitation and we will start in Phase C. No visitors or commuters are allowed in the Residence Halls after move-in day.
- Fully Vaccinated residential students do not have to quarantine after being exposed to COVID-19 unless they have symptoms. Fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms, and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until a test result is negative.
- Unvaccinated residential students, identified as being in direct contact with a positive case, must quarantine for 7 days. Two negative tests must be completed prior to your release from quarantine. Test on day 5 and day 7.
- Vaccinated students who tests positive for COVID-19 are required to isolate for ten days. You must be symptom free for 24 hours prior to your return to campus/release from isolation.
- Unvaccinated students who test positive for COVID-19 are required to isolate for ten days. You must be symptom free for 24 hours prior to your return to campus/release from isolation.
- Commuter students (non-residential undergraduate and graduate) should remain home if sick. Graduate, Seminary, and Non-Traditional students should remain home if sick.
- All students are responsible for contacting their professor for academic instructions.
- All students must be cleared by the Health Center prior to returning to campus/class. The Health Center can be reached at 610-341-5955 Monday - Thursday: 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM and Friday: 7:30 AM - 3:00 PM or email: email@example.com
- Isolation ends after day 10 for positive cases.
- Quarantine ends after day 7, with 2 negative test results (test must occur on day 5 and day 7).
- We will continue to monitor ongoing information regarding COVID-19, its variants, and recommendations, and will modify our protocols if indicated.
Move-in Policy for New and Transfer Students
- When moving you are allowed to have one helper who is not a residential student assist you in moving your belongings into the building. If you utilize a helper who is not a residential student, they must check in at the Service Stop in the ELC lobby before entering the residence hall. Your helper is required to wear a mask the entire time they are in the residence hall, including in your room. After you have finished moving in, this helper is no longer allowed in the building. If you have a question about this process, please reach out to housing @eastern.edu or your Resident Director before you begin moving.
- Process for late arrivals
- Contact the Health Center and follow the appropriate process to be cleared provided to you
- Receive written confirmation from the Health Center that you are cleared to return to campus
- Contact your RD to setup an appointment to get your key and move in