The Center for Urban Youth Development (CUYD) provides low cost or free training and resources for urban youth and those serving the needs of adolescents. Through the development of academic programs, workshops and certificate, special events, and instructional forums, we address the critical needs of both youth and youth workers. CUYD seeks to collaborate with organizations involved in transformational and social justice work among urban youth as well.
Community Engagement & Training Opportunities
- Everyone's Business Youth Edition, March 1, 2019; 5-9 p.m. A panel of some of the top youth entrepreneurs.
- Free Youth Mental Health First Aid Certification class - March 28, 2019
- Coalition for Juvenile Justice Annual Conference, "Bridging the Gap: Improving Outcomes for all Youth," Washington, DC, June 19-22. Includes advocacy day on Capitol Hill.
- Safe Spaces Conference - Spring 2019
- Citywide Directory of Afterschool Programs (Philadelphia)
- Group's Growing Spiritual Grit in Teenagers--Sign up for a half day of youth ministry training in a city near you.
- #YJAM National Youth Justice Awareness Month Activities: October 15-19, 2018
Guest speakers: "Life After Life" and local juvenile court attorneys
YJAM Performing Arts Cafe, open to the public - Gough Hall Great Room - October 18th at 7 p.m.
- Free Youth Mental Health First Aid Certification class - September 20, 2018