Are you equipped to serve urban youth?
Eastern University’s MA in Urban Studies with a concentration in Youth Development prepares professionals to serve youth in an urban context. Upon completion of the program, students are equipped to understand and engage youth as well as provide quality youth development and ministry programs.
Why pursue the Youth Development concentration of the MA in Urban Studies?
- Develop professional competencies based upon national standards for youth workers
- Develop skills to organize relevant, effective youth ministries
- Learn how to implement an asset-based approach to youth work, exploring models such as the Search Institute’s 40 Developmental Assets
- Learn from seasoned youth workers in the classroom and community settings
- Enjoy a format catered to working adults that allows the convenience of online classwork, without sacrificing relationships with faculty and peers by attending class intensives each semester
- Finish in 2-3 years
Gain youth development experience through:
- Leadership practicums/internships in programming and administration
- An optional cross-cultural travel course
- A graduate thesis project or paper