Curt Himmelberger is a theatre-maker, teaching artist, actor and improviser. He is the Artistic Director of Beacon Theatre Productions in Philadelphia. Curt has studied physical devising at Pig Iron Theatre and The University of the Arts. He wrote, produced, and directed The Larval Mask Play, which toured for free to provide access to the arts in low-income communities. It was performed at Free Philly Fringe, the curated 2019 Rochester Fringe Festival, and received a letter of invitation to perform at the 2020 Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Curt has also studied at The Second City, Upright Citizens Brigade, and Freestyle Love Supreme Academy. He has taught acting, devising, Commedia, and improv across the country. Curt has been a member of multiple improv troupes and created and led the workshop "Improv for Interview Skills" at Esperanza College. He also facilitates workshops focused on best practice techniques for teaching English Language Learners, and how to unpack White privilege. Curt has his Masters in Educational Studies, was an instructor at The Pennsylvania State University, and has taught English Language Learners in Belize, Ecuador, and Brazil.
- MS in Educational Studies, Johns Hopkins
- MFA in Physical Devising, University of the Arts and Pig Iron Theatre
- BS in Education, The Pennsylvania State University
- Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate, The Pennsylvania State University
- Gifted Education Certificate, Johns Hopkins University