The successful completion of the the Certification in Reading Supervisor program will prepare students to be Language Arts Coordinators in grades K-12. The Supervisor Certification programs are offered only at the graduate level and candidates must have completed five years of satisfactory professional experience as Certified Reading Specialists before applying. This program can be combined with the MEd in Reading.
- Location: Main Campus: St. Davids
- Delivery: Online*, on-ground and blended courses available. (*All courses have online options except the student teaching seminar.)
- Length: Varies based on incoming credits and credit load per semester. Typically completed in 12-24 months.
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you.
- Convenient online or evening classes offered once per week at our St. Davids campus
- Emphasis on literacy leadership and supervision in the areas of curriculum, instruction, evaluation, and school law
- Individualized program of study created for each student based on previously completed coursework and current PDE requirements
- Faculty with extensive experience in a variety of educational settings
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- 5 years of satisfactory professional experience as certified teachers in the supervisory certification areas
- An exiting GPA of 3.0
- Successful Completion of course requirements in their certification area
- Successful Completion of PRAXIS II test in supervision
- Practicum taken in a school district under the supervision of a district supervisor with certification in supervision of the area of certification and a college representative