The program is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a certification in PreK-4 with Elementary Special Education (PreK-8) issued until December 30, 2021 or with the NEW PreK-12 Special Education Certification issued after January 2, 2022.
The successful completion of this program will prepare students to teach in special education grades PreK-8 or 7-12. The Certification in Special Education can be easily combined with MEd in Special Education. Student must hold an Instructional I or II certification in PreK-4, Middle Level, or Secondary Education in order to qualify for this program.
- Location: Fully Online
- Length: Varies based on incoming credits and credit load per semester. Typically completed in 12-24 months.
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
- Courses offered fully online
- Individualized program of study created for each student waiving previously completed coursework and outlining current PDE requirements
- Intern certificate availability
- Commitment to Autism Training: Continue into the MEd in Special Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis with this program. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in special education.
- An exiting GPA of 3.0
- Successful Completion of course requirements in their certification area
- Successful Completion of PECT
- Hold Instructional I or II Certification