The successful completion the Special Education Supervisor program will prepare students to supervise special education services in the Early Childhood (K-4), Middle Level (4-8), or Secondary Education (7-12) level. The Supervisor Certification programs are offered only at the graduate level and candidates must have completed five years of satisfactory professional experience as certified teachers in the supervisory certification areas prior to application. This program can be combined with MEd in Multicultural Education or MEd in Special Education.
- Location: Main Campus: St. Davids
- Length: Varies based on incoming credits and credit load per semester. Typically completed in 12-24 months.
- Delivery: Blended (combination of on-ground and online coursework)
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
- Courses offered online, on-ground in the evenings, and throughout the summer sessions
- Individualized program of study created for each student waiving previously completed coursework and outlining current PDE requirements
- Intern certificate availability
- Ability to apply coursework toward our MEd programs
- Commitment to Autism Training: Include our Autism Endorsement in your coursework or continue into the MEd in Special Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- 5 years of satisfactory professional experience as certified teachers in the supervisory certification areas
- An exiting GPA of 3.0
- Successful Completion of course requirements in their certification area
- Successful Completion of PRAXIS II test in supervision
- Practicum taken in a school district under the supervision of a district supervisor with certification in supervision of the area of certification and a college representative