The successful completion the Special Education Supervisor program will prepare students to supervise special education services in the Early Childhood (K-4), Middle Level (4-8), or Secondary Education (7-12) level. The Supervisor Certification programs are offered only at the graduate level and candidates must have completed five years of satisfactory professional experience as certified teachers in the supervisory certification areas prior to application. This program can be combined with MEd in Curriculum and Instruction, Multicultural Education or MEd in Special Education.
- Location: Online
- Length: Varies based on incoming credits and credit load per semester. Typically completed in 12-24 months.
- Delivery: Online
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
- Courses offered online and throughout the summer sessions
- Individualized program of study created for each student waiving previously completed coursework and outlining current PDE requirements
- Intern certificate availability
- Ability to apply coursework toward our MEd programs
- Commitment to Autism Training: Continue into the MEd in Special Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis with this program. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- 5 years of satisfactory professional experience as certified teachers in the supervisory certification areas
- An exiting GPA of 3.0
- Successful Completion of course requirements in their certification area
- Successful Completion of PRAXIS II test in supervision
- Practicum taken in a school district under the supervision of a district supervisor with certification in supervision of the area of certification and a college representative
Learn More: Why Eastern?
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local district requirements may exist for field placements in this state. Out-of-state student placements cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Education. Students are responsible for following all state and local district requirements and regulations for their field placement.