- Location/Delivery: Online
- Enrolling New Students: August
- Length: Two Semesters (9 months)
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
What is an Instructional Coach?
With the high stakes assessments and the advent of Common Core Standards the need for greater assistance to teachers has become a necessity for Professional Development. Instructional coaches are onsite professional developers who teach educators how to use evidence-based teaching practices and to support them in learning and applying these practices in a variety of educational settings.
What evidence is there for supporting an instructional coach?
Research by the Pennsylvania Institute for Professional Coaching found that teachers who were regularly coached one-on-one reported that:
- They made significant changes in their instructional practice.
- Their students were more engaged in the classroom and enthusiastic about learning.
- Attendance increased dramatically in their classes.
- The faculty has extensive experience in teaching, coaching teachers, and the supervision of instruction.
- The curriculum incorporates state-of the-art strategies for working with teachers and students.
- The curriculum utilizes teaching strategies that support and enhance adult learning.
- This program has been field tested for two years to ensure the best offering to graduate students.
- The classes are interactive through discussion threads, totally online sessions, visitations to classrooms with instructional coaching, and group projects along with ongoing feedback from faculty.
- Completing the four courses qualifies the participants for the valuable Instructional Coach Endorsement that numerous schools are now recognizing as vital for both teachers and students to reach their potential