Eastern University IESL students who are currently enrolled full-time and are in good standing, will have access to Eastern University facilities (according to scheduled hours), and services including:
- Computer labs
- Wireless internet
- Gym, fitness room, pool, tennis and sand volleyball courts
- Health center
- Intramurals sports, student clubs and organizations
- Student center lounges, snack bars, coffee shops
- Student activities and campus events
- University bookstore
- Dining hall (with meal plan or pay as you go for commuters)
- Shuttle service to and from train stations
Eastern IESL students will have access to opportunities that occur outside the classroom that are designed to assist them in their spoken English proficiency. The Eastern IESL program offers additional optional activities, events, trips and tours at no, low or reasonable prices. These activities provide IESL students with opportunities for social enjoyment, cultural enrichment and learning about American culture and history as well as the chance to improve spoken English.
The IESL student who fully engages in all opportunities provided both inside and outside the classroom, will accelerate attainment of English language proficiency.
The Office of International Student and Scholar Services offers visa counseling, document services and other support to students and scholars on F-1 and J-1 visas.