Psi Chi: The International Honor Society in Psychology
The Counseling Psychology Department has its own chapter of Psi Chi. Many of our school psychology students are active members and committed to excellence in scholarship and social responsibility. A Psi Chi student member, Anastasia Shilovskaya, recently participated in mission work (along side teens and youth leaders from a suburban church) at a Philadelphia women and children’s transitional housing residence that involved landscaping and some heavy lifting!
“I have never thought that volunteer work could feel so uplifting. Watching high school youth selflessly dive into making the grounds of Wayne Hall safe and attractive proved to be inspiring. Combining my passion for gardening with the good company of youth and their leaders turned into a productive and fun day of mission work. I will definitely do it again!” - Anastasia Shilovskaya, Psi Chi student member
“Psi Chi is an international honor society whose purpose is to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology." The mission of Psi Chi is to produce a well-educated, ethical, and socially responsible member committed to contributing to the science and profession of psychology and to society in general.
In pursuit of our mission we will:
- Advance the science and profession of psychology.
- Promote an educational experience consistent with the mission.
- Promote ethical and socially responsible members and leaders.
- Define and establish an organizational structure that promotes our mission.
- Recognize and foster the contributions that diversity makes to the science and practice of psychology.” extracted from : www.psichi.org
1300 Eagle Road
St. Davids, PA 19087-3696