Certification in Middle Level (4-8)
Eastern University's Graduate Programs in Education is committed to the task of equipping its graduates to comprehend and apply the knowledge, concepts, and skills essential for successful middle level instruction, grades 4-8. The program is designed to promote the delivery of a high quality teacher preparation program which is aligned to the state academic standards. The intent is to produce new teachers who will understand and successfully apply learning principles in the classroom. The needs and interests of middle level students and their schools are at the center of the program.
- Location: St. Davids, PA; Falls Center (Philadelphia, PA)
- Delivery: Blended (combination of on-campus and online coursework)
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: Learn more about our affordable tuition here.
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you.
- Online and evening courses offered once per week at our convenient St. Davids and Falls Center locations
- Individualized program of study created for each student based on previously completed coursework and PDE requirements
- Intern certificate eligibility
- Multiple concentration options
- Specialize in working with students on the Autism Spectrum by including our Autism Endorsement in your coursework or continuing into the MEd in Special Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis. Eastern is passionate about serving those on the Autism Spectrum through our College Success Program and with the Devereux CARES Campus Transition Partnership.
Middle Level (Grades 4-8) in:
- English/Reading Concentration and Focus in Social Studies, Science and Math
- English/Reading and Math Concentration and Focus in Social Studies and Science
- English/Reading and Science Concentration and Focus in Social Studies and Math
- Math Concentration and Focus in English/Reading, Science and Social Studies
- Math and Science with Focus in English/Reading and Social Studies
- Science Concentration and Focus in English/Reading, Math and Social Studies
- Science and Math Concentration and Focus in English/Reading and Social Studies
- Social Studies Concentration and Focus in English/Reading, Science and Math
- Social Studies and Math Concentration and Focus in English/Reading and Science
- Social Studies and Science Concentration and Focus in English/Reading and Math