Certification in Music (K-12)
Eastern University is committed to meeting the standards and competencies of the Pennsylvania Department of Education in all of our certificate programs. The successful completion of the Certification in Music program will prepare students to teach K-12 music.
- Location: Main Campus: St. Davids
- Delivery: Blended (combination of online and on-ground coursework)
- Enrolling New Students: August, January, May, and June
- Cost: Learn more about our affordable tuition here.
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you.
- The majority of coursework is offered online or in the evening at our St. Davids or Falls Center locations (some music classes may be taken during the day)
- An individualized program of study is created for each student based on previously completed coursework and current PDE requirements
- Competitive tuition and financial aid options available
PA Certification Requirements
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements before being recommended for a PA certification in their certification area.
- An exiting GPA of 3.0
- Successful Completion of course requirements in their certification area
- Successful Completion of PRAXIS II tests
- Student Teaching in their certification area
- Candidates must have an undergraduate major or the equivalent in the area of certification