Robin L. MacDonald, DML
Doctorate of Modern Languages, Middlebury College
Master of Arts in German, Villanova University
Bachelor of Arts in German, Houghton College
I have been teaching in the Language & Cultural Studies Department since 2005 but have been in Christian Education for over 30 years. Before that, I taught in Austria with a Fulbright Scholarship. One highlight in my career has been serving as an AP reader and the rich exchange of ideas that occurs there. Another experience that has had an effect on my life are the three summers that I spent travelling and studying behind the Iron Curtain. I had the privilege of meeting Christians whose faith remained strong under very difficult circumstances.
In my profession, I am passionate about seeing students grow in their knowledge of German and their ability to use it. I enjoy teaching students of all age, particularly when I am free to discuss my faith and how it has impacted my life and how I view all of God´s creation.
On a more personal note, I enjoy foreign films, travel and serving on the Board of a chamber music camp which provides scholarships to less affluent families so that their children can attend.
Courses Taught At Eastern
German 101, German 102
- Eastern University, started German program (2004-present)
- Delaware County Christian School. Department Chairperson (1987-present), German Teacher (1981-present)
- National Honor Society Sponsor (1986-1994)
- Faculty representative on Beresheeth, Friends of the Arts (1992-2013)
- AP Reader 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014
- AP German Standards Setting Committee (2012)
- Research for dissertation in Bochum 6 weeks (1996)
- Travel in GDR 3 weeks (Summer 1985)
- Mid-Atlantic Christian School Association workshop presenter
- Madchen Gymnasium und Realschule, Rechter Kremszeile, Krems, Austria. English Assistant (1980-1981), Student Tours (1983-present)
- Pennsylvania Instructional II
- ACSI Permanent
- ESL Certificate
- American Association of Teachers of German (1981-present)
- Board Member: Blue Mountain Festival (Chamber Music Camp), serving as treasurer