Kimberlee Guevin, MSN, RN, CRNP, ACHPN
Senior Lecturer in Nursing
Pre-Licensure Nursing Program Director
Office: Gatehouse 102
B.S.N. Messiah College
M.S.N. Drexel University
Post-Master's Adult/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, University of Massachusetts, Boston
Certified as an Advanced Practice Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse
At Eastern Since 2008
Kim is a Certified Nurse Practitioner with over 20 years of experience in the field of nursing. She has been teaching in the Department of Nursing at Eastern since 2008. She has advanced training and teaching experience in Adult Health, Palliative Care, Hospice, and Pain Management. Her area of expertise is Medical-Surgical Nursing. She is the senior lecturer and director of the Pre-Licensure program.
Kim continues to practice as a Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner in the Mainline Health Hospital system. Kim resides in Phoenixville, PA with her husband, three children, and a menagerie of animals.
Courses Taught at Eastern
Courses taught at Eastern include Adult Medical-Surgical I, Adult Medical-Surgical II, Fundamentals of Nursing, and Synthesis of Nursing Knowledge. She coordinates clinical faculty workshops during the fall and spring semesters and is the Medical-Surgical Nursing Curriculum Coordinator, and the Clinical Practice Committee Chair.
Why I Teach at Eastern
I am privileged to work in an environment that encourages both students and faculty to approach care for themselves and their patients within a Christian worldview. Integrating my Christian faith with the profession of nursing and now in the classroom/clinical with my students has been a joy. Eastern University supports my belief that people should be seen and treated with a holistic view, including the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual dimensions of personhood. To care for others in this holistic manner in their time of need is a privilege that I take very seriously. Being able to share this perspective with students who are eager to go beyond just being competent nurses and who see the nursing role as a higher calling to care for all of God’s children is why I teach at Eastern.
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Foundation Nursing Education Scholarship, February 2007
- American Red Cross Certificate of Achievement, Outstanding Recruitment Award, 2002 and 2004.
- “Cultural and Spiritual Considerations in End of Life Care”. ELNEC Certification Course, Mainline Health Care. October 2014 - Present (Monthly Lecture)
- “Evolving Case Study Simulations: A Strategy to Promote Integrated Learning in Beginning Nursing Students.” The 38th Annual National Conference on Professional Nursing Education and Development, Baltimore, MD. October 2011. K. Guevin and MA. Peters. (Poster Presentation).
- Tree planting initiative with the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society and Valley Forge Christian College, Phoenixville, PA, 2000 – Present
- Spring Valley Community Church, Spring City, Pa – nursery worker, set up/tear down crew member, child care facilitator for Single Mom’s Ministry – 2012 - Present
- Grace Assembly of God, Spring City, PA, Member and Marriage and Family Sunday School Teacher, 2002 – 2011
- Haitian/Haitian-American Health Fair, Educator, Philadelphia, PA 2007 - Present
- Sigma Theta Tau, Member, 2007 – Present
- Nurses Christian Fellowship, Member, 2009 – Present
- Pennsylvania Coalition of Nurse Practitioners, Member 2011 - Present
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, Member, 2012 - Present
- ChesMont Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Association, Member, 2012 - Present
- Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association, Member, 2015 - Present
- The American Geriatrics Society, Member, 2011 – 2014
- American College Health Association, Member, 2000 – 2007