MA in Urban Studies with Concentrations
The Master of Arts in Urban Studies prepares change agents for service in urban communities. Sustainable development is emphasized in the program as well as principles of empowerment, community organizing and reconciliation
- Length: 2-3 Years
- Format: Blended - Online with Residency (2)
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Start Term: August, January (Cohort)
- Cost and Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal financial aid options that my be available to you. View our competitive tuition here.
Why Choose the Master of Arts in Urban Studies?
- Blended Format: A format for working adults that blends the convenience of online classwork with the richness of faculty and peer relationships through on-campus intensives.
- Change Agent Preparation: What is learned in the classroom is directly applicable to work in the field. Hands-on experience through internships and intensives. Practicum hours applied for all concentrations.
- Career-Focused, Leadership Training: Training for future leaders that is applicable in both faith-based and secular work settings.
- Aggressive Tuition Discounts: Tuition discounts available. Contact your Enrollment Counselor for more details.
- Global Context, Faith Based: Opportunities to learn and focus in a global context. This program is urban-focused, interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, research-based, faith-centered, field intensive, and holistic.
- Scholar Practitioners: Learn from faculty who are accomplished in their academic discipline as well as in community work. All faculty members are currently active in the field.
- Strong Legacy: Learn from the legacy of Eastern alumni and current urban leaders such as Tony Campolo, Shane Claiborne, and Bryan Stevenson.
- Robust Partnerships: Partnerships with organizations such as Mission Year, Young Life, and BuildaBridge International.