Eastern University is excited to offer our Bachelor of Social Work in an evening format at our City Avenue location. Those who prefer to take classes during the day are invited to attend the Traditional Undergraduate BSW in Social Work program on our St. Davids Campus.
- Location: City Ave, Philadelphia
- Delivery: On-campus evening classes
- Enrolling New Students: Cohorts begin each summer. Apply online for free!
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates.
- Financial Aid: Many of our adult undergraduate students qualify for significant federal and state financial aid, partner grants, and military benefits. Submit your FAFSA to determine your eligibility for all financial aid.
- Integration of Christian faith and social work practice: With a BSW from Eastern University, students learn the importance of integrating their faith with the practice of social work. They are given the necessary skills to become competent and compassionate social work practitioners that bring about God’s mercy and justice. Through caring faculty and rigorous classes, students are fully prepared for the next steps in the social work field.
- High quality, innovative teaching and mentoring: Our caring faculty are committed to educating social work practitioners who are knowledgeable, skilled and compassionate agents of God’s mercy and justice in meeting common human needs, with particular attention to people who are vulnerable and oppressed.
- Accreditation: The department has been accredited by the Council on Social Work Education since 1974 (the earliest year available).
- Concurrent model of field education: At Eastern, students complete internships in two agencies under the supervision of professional social workers while enrolled in social work courses. Internships are available at hundreds of agencies throughout the greater Philadelphia area giving students first-hand practice experience.
- MSW advanced standing: When a student maintains a B average, they can be admitted to an MSW, advanced standing program. Advanced standing allows for completion of the MSW in one year instead of two years.