Visit Eastern University!
We are excited for you to visit! Our helpful admissions team has scheduled a variety of ways for you to explore our campus. Browse your options below and then schedule your visit date. We look forward to meeting you!
Questions about your upcoming visit? Contact the EU Visit Center at 610-225-5020 or email at Visit.Eastern@eastern.edu
Plan Your Visit
Interested in visiting campus to see if Eastern is the place for you? We have a variety of visit options for you and your family to make your day as special as possible. We look forward to having you on campus!
Customizable Visit for Seniors and Fall 2020 Transfers:
Trying to make that final decision...Is Eastern really the place for you next year? We'd love to have you on campus to help you answer this question! This visit is uniquely customizable for high school Seniors or Fall 2020 Transfer students, allowing you to create a schedule so you get all the answers you need. Sign up for a visit at 10am on M, Tu, Thu, or Fri and let us know how we can help as you make your college decision!
Campus Visit with Chapel:
Want to experience worship at Eastern and get to know campus? Join us on Wednesdays at 9am for a visit to campus and sit in on our weekly chapel service. You and your family will meet with an Admissions Counselor, go on a campus tour with one of our Student Ambassadors, enjoy a complimentary lunch in the Dining Commons, and worship with our students and faculty at our weekly Chapel service.
Junior Campus Visit:
Are you a junior in high school or just starting the college search? Come see if Eastern is the place for you! Join us at 11am on M, Tu, Thu, or Fri for an Admissions Overview with an Admissions Counselor, campus tour with one of our Student Ambassadors, and a complimentary lunch in our Dining Commons.
Daily Campus Visits:
You and your family are invited to learn about life as an Eastern student! You'll have the chance to meet with an Admissions Counselor for an overview of Eastern and go on a campus tour with one of our Student Ambassadors. Come see if Eastern is the place for you daily at 1pm and Wednesdays at 11am!
Seasonal Options when Visiting:
Sit in on a class (50 min. or 1 hr 20 min.)
Meet with a professor, coach, or Veteran Services (30 min.)
Spend the night with a student (for seniors only)
Attend a sports game, musical, play, or other organized events
Mini-Vacation! Check out local tourist locations
Participate in informative OPEN HOUSES at Eastern University. Make your online Open House Reservation.
Spring 2020 Dates:
- Monday, February 17, 2020
- Saturday, March 14, 2020
- Monday, April 6, 2020
Open House Schedule:
9:00 AM Registration - Check in and enjoy refreshments
9:15 AM Welcome to Eastern from the Admissions Team
10:15 AM Campus Tour
11:30 AM Majors and Student Activities Break-Out Session
12:15 - 2:00 PM Optional Activities: Complimentary Lunch, Financial Aid Information Session, Class Observations (available only on weekdays), and Lab Tours.
Schedule is subject to change.
Eastern University's Office of Multicultural Recruitment and Mentoring Presents: An Overnight and Open House for admitted multicultural students that offers an all-inclusive experience of Eastern University. Admitted students will be able to stay on campus, eat in our dining commons and experience college life at no cost.
Date: Friday, March 13- Saturday, March 14, 2020
Eastern University offers a few Saturday visit options during our spring semester. Visit sessions will begin at 10:30 am and are available by reservation only. All visits will include a group information session led by an Eastern Admissions Counselor, a campus tour with one of our Student Ambassadors, and a complimentary lunch in our Dining Commons.
Day One is an opportunity for incoming students to come to campus for an exciting day of meeting future classmates and taking part in orientation workshops. Students who have committed to Eastern will register for their fall semester courses.
Details for Day One
Date: TBD- Spring 2020 information coming soon!
Activities will Include:
- Register for upcoming semester courses and classes
- Receive your Eastern student ID card
- Orientation workshops for parents and students
- Meet your future classmates
- Turn in any paperwork that is still needed
Students who have submitted their acceptance paperwork and housing deposits will have the opportunity to register for classes. Accepted students may turn in their deposits and acceptance paperwork as well as register for classes on this day.
Check back soon for new upcoming special events!
Do you want to bring a GROUP of prospective students to visit Eastern?
Approval for Setting up a Group Visitation to Eastern
Generally speaking, group visits (consisting of 9th to 12th graders) arriving Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday between the hours of 1pm and 3pm have been approved (by Eastern) to visit Eastern in the past. In order to provide the best possible experience, we ask that your group keep an 8:1 student-chaperone ratio.
Next Step in Setting up Your Group Visit
Admissions counselors are divided by territory to best serve students and groups. Contact the admission counselor who is most appropriate for your geographical area and the student status (first-year, transfers, etc) of your group. All groups that wish to visit must get approval two or more weeks prior to the approved visit date. Once the visit has been approved by your admissions counselor and scheduled, your counselor will confirm the details.
Expectations during a Group Visit
A group visit consists of 30 or fewer students with an 8:1 student-chaperone ratio. Eastern can provide:
- an 'EU Overview’ with an admissions counselor highlighting the academic offerings, scholarship opportunities, ministries, campus life and admissions requirements.
- an EU Tour led by students from Eastern that lasts for approximately 1 hour. (We cannot offer any overnight accommodations to groups.)
- We cannot guarantee that each group will see a dorm room during the tour, but do recommend that individuals from the group to come back for an individual visit to see a room.
NOTE: Unruly or disrespectful behavior will result in future groups from that organization not being able to return.
If your group visit is approved during lunch hours, you are welcome to dine in our dining commons at the door price payable by the group at entry of dining commons.It is our goal to provide all group visitors with an informative and productive day.
Eastern University offers group visits on Fridays during the summer. Visit sessions will begin at 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM and will be available by reservation only. These visits will include a group information session led by an Eastern Admissions Counselor, a campus tour, and lunch.
Summer 2020 dates are TBD!
Thanks for joining us for Explore Eastern 2020! We had a great time with all of you. We hope this weekend gave you a taste of what it's like to be an EU student. Click here for a recap from our incredible weekend!
Stay tuned for details for next year!
When: 2021 date- TBD
- Meeting representatives from different majors
- Worship with Eastern Alums
- Chances to win free books for one semester
- FREE Eastern Hoodies
- Campus-wide events sponsored by student clubs
- Much more!
Planning for Your Visit
- We would like at least one week's notice for visits so we have time to accommodate your interests.
- Because of our dynamic chapels, Wednesday 9:00 a.m. visits are recommended.
- Dress comfortably & bring comfortable walking shoes; our campus is 115 acres and the tour is comprehensive.
- We welcome all family members to be a part of your day. Lunch is complimentary to you and your family, if you are on campus between 11 AM - 2 PM.
- We will do our best to make your visit as individualized as possible. However, based on other families visiting campus that day, please be aware that portions of your visit may be done in a group setting with other families.
- Airport drop-off and pick-ups must be between 9 AM - 5 PM; Monday-Friday unless otherwise arranged with your admissions counselor.
- Guests may stay for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Maximum of 2 meals are provided for guests.