The Summer Scholars Program is designed for intelligent, gifted young men and women who aim to become not just successful employees, but fully human persons, as God intended. More specifically, this is an opportunity to sample a special kind of education—a kind that aspires not only to prepare its students for prosperous careers, but to investigate the meaning of a truly good life: a life of honest self-examination, delighting in what is True, Good, Beautiful, and formation into the image of Jesus Christ.
For eight or nine days students will live in residence on Eastern University’s campus with a select group of peers, engaged in rigorous, college-level academics taught by Templeton’s own doctorate-certified professors. Students will enjoy one-to-one writing tutorials, guest speakers, field trips to Philadelphia and the surrounding area, cultural events, and all this alongside a team of current Templeton students serving as their guides and mentors. Courses also include daily times of devotion and prayer, Sabbath rest, and visits to Eastern’s world class planetarium and observatory. Students will be awarded up to 3 college credits upon completion of this program (transferable to other colleges and universities).
- WHAT: A college-accredited, residential honors program (Limited to 40 students per class)
- WHEN: Course I: July 6-14, 2018, Course II: July 16-23, 2018
- WHERE: Eastern University (St. Davids Campus)
- Earn up to 3 college credits (transferable).
- Enhance your academic resume.
- Sharpen skills of thinking, analyzing, conversing, and writing with the Templeton Honors College’s faculty.
- Receive one-to-one college-level academic tutorials.
- Take a cultural trip to Philadelphia or New York City.
- Experience college life while living in residential halls on Eastern University’s main campus.
- Make friendships to last a lifetime. You could even meet your future roommate!
- FOR: High school students (entering junior or senior year)