Library Frequently Asked Questions
1. Q. I want to use EBSCOhost from home! Can I access the Eastern University databases from off campus?
A. Yes. Access for off campus students is provided by EZ Proxy. Learn more here- http://libguides.eastern.edu/offcampusaccess.
2. Q. Can I find out which journals are available through the Library?
A. You can see a listing of journal titles by using the A to Z Journal List link, available throughout the Website. This lists full-text journals available online.
3. Q. What are the operating hours for Warner Library?
A. The operating hours for Warner Library can be found at the Hours link on the website.
4. Q. Where can I find information on "how to use" or "how to search using" Library databases?
A. Follow the link found on the Library's website for Guides and Tutorials. Here you will find links to tutorials and other guides for using the Library databases.
5. Q. Is there a list of the databases available through the Library's website?
A. Visit the Databases.
6. Q. How do I find books, videos, and other items available at the Eastern University Libraries?
A. Visit the Books link. The results screen will allow you to see items of all media types as listed on the left side menu under "Format".
7. Q. How long do books and other items circulate?
A. For current students, print books can be borrowed for 28 days and can be renewed one time. DVDs for 7 days with no renewals.
8. Q. Do overdue items accrue fines?
A. Warner Memorial Library will fine patrons with overdue materials. Check the information under Circulation to see the policy.
9. Q. I'm writing a paper for a history class. How do I cite articles I find in the full-text databases?
A. Check the Citation Guides found in the Library's Research Guides site, or create a RefWorks account. You can learn about RefWorks at http://libguides.eastern.edu/refworks.