Benefits and Opportunities
The Institute for Applied Research in Social Justice produces the following benefits and opportunities:
- Advances the Kingdom of God by developing, from a Christian worldview, practical new approaches and solutions to poverty, oppression and suffering.
- Enhances the public image of Eastern University by making more visible outstanding Christian research focused on the intersection of faith, reason, and justice.
- Provides solid empirical and theoretical evidencen for policy makers and Christian organizations regarding amelioration of the persistent issues facing communities around the globe.
- Provides students and faculty opportunities for applied collaborative research into of great human need.
- Creates funding streams for those interested in pursuing research agendas.
- Enhances recruitment of students and faculty with interest in research related to social justice.
- Provides an avenue of funding for graduate research assistantships.