Worship Team Application
Thank you for your interest in being a part of the Eastern University Worship Team. The Worship Team consists of student musicians with a demonstrated lifestyle of worship and prayer. Worship teams provide music for the University’s weekly chapel service. Worship teams also lead Conquer the Night, a late night worship & prayer experience each semester. There are also ministry opportunities (ie- area churches, Christian High schools & youth retreats), and development opportunities (worship conferences, workshops w/local artists & evaluations). Members of the Worship Team are able to enroll in this activity as a course for credit. Members receive one (1) academic credit per semester. Participation is required for the entire academic year.
Chapel Worship Team Requirements
- CWT members must be worshippers who are comfortable worshipping in private and in the corporate setting.
- Worship Team Training: scheduled a week prior to classes beginning in the Fall semester
- Worship Team Development Day: Scheduled for a day in the Spring prior to end of the semester.
- Attend CWT Rehearsals (Monday Nights)
- Enroll in CWT course, MUSI 130 D (Monday Nights)
- Participation in Chapel every Wednesday
- Conquer the Night, a late night worship & prayer experience: one Friday a semester 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- Attend all CWT events (as required)
- Cross Cultural Experience Field Trips - Two Sundays per semester
- Commitment to musical excellence and spiritual growth
- Personal preparation of music
- Respect for each member of the team
- An openness to supervision, mentoring, and performance instruction
- Maintain 2.5 minimum GPA
- Participation is required for the entire academic year.