Frequently Asked Questions
Eastern's Office of Talent & Career Development offers individual career counseling specifically for helping students choose a major. During the fall semester, we host the Meet Your Majors Fair (required for all first-years) to connect students with faculty. We also offer career exploration tools to help students discover areas of interest and what majors might pair well with those areas.
Once a student is enrolled (attending EU), s/he can visit our office to make an appointment with a career counselor, participate in events, or look for part-time jobs or internships. Visit the Office of Talent & Career Development for more information.
1. Support your student as s/he explores and develops interests and discovers talents through co-curricular activities, leadership positions, volunteering and community service, summer jobs, and internships.
2. Encourage your student to take advantage of all Office of Talent & Career Development services: individual career counseling, workshops, job fairs, resume services, online resources, etc.
3. Direct your student to family, friends, and colleagues who are in fields in which your student has an interest. ‘Informational Interviewing’ can be helpful in career exploration.
From the survey of the most recent Post-Graduation Report for the Traditional Undergraduate Baccalaureate Class of 2016, a total of 97% of respondents are working, in post-graduate education, or serving as full time volunteers within 6-9 months of graduation.
From the survey of the most recent Post-Graduation Report for the Traditional Undergraduate Baccalaureate Class of 2016, after 6-9 months:
- 79% are employed (54% in private companies, 35% in nonprofits, 6% in churches, 4% self-employed, and 1% in government)
- 15% are in graduate or professional school
- A list of employers who have hired recent EU graduates
If your company is hiring, please let us know! We also love to bring in professionals from many fields for mock interviews and other career events. Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.