Minor in Dance
Why Minor in Dance at Eastern?
The minor in Dance at Eastern University includes coursework in dance technique, dance history, creative process and performance, and world dance.
Dance Technique Courses: Audition/Leveling Class required
- DAN 122 Global Dance Forms (2)
- DAN 231 Intermediate Modern Dance: Theory and Technique OR DAN 331 Advanced Modern Dance: Theory and Technique (2)
- DAN 232 Intermediate Jazz Dance: Theory and Technique OR DAN 332 Advanced Jazz Dance: Theory and Technique (2)
- DAN 234 Intermediate Ballet Dance: Theory and Technique OR DAN 334 Advanced Ballet Dance: Theory and Technique (2)
Dance Theory Courses:
- DAN 250 Modern Dance History OR DAN 375 World Dance (3)
- DAN 233 Liturgical Dance History and Practice (3)
- DAN 386 Dance Composition (3)
Dance Education Courses:
- DAN 103 Movement and Rhythms for Children OR EDU 300 Arts Integration in the Classroom (2-3)
- DAN 345 Methods and Techniques of Dance Instruction (3)
Dance Performance Courses:
- DAN 140 Sacred Dance Group (2) OR DAN 340 Dance Repertory (2)
Total Credit Hours: 24-25
Note: BKIN 100 is required as the Physical Fitness core course.