BA in Marketing
Why Major in Marketing?
The BA in Marketing at Eastern equips students with the knowledge necessary to obtain positions within profit and non-profit business sectors or to continue on to graduate school for an MBA or similar degree. Jobs in marketing are growing at a much more rapid rate than those in other occupational categories. There is a strong demand for employees in fields applying marketing principles including service firms, non-profit institutions, and political campaigns. Through classroom and internship experience, the BA in Marketing degree offered by Eastern University's Business Department aims to prepare students with the skills necessary for these positions.
Why Major in Marketing at Eastern?
- Eastern emphasizes an integration of Christian faith and business with a missional justice focus.
- Each major within the Business Department is built upon a breadth of business disciplines such as economics, marketing, accounting, ethics and theology.
- The Business Internship Program is a faculty led initiative that seeks to provide students with working experiences to enhance their classroom knowledge.
- The ENACTUS Chapter at Eastern University is a 4x Regional Champion, recognizing their pursuit of social entrepreneurship on campus, in urban Philadelphia and in Rwanda.
- Faculty members have expertise in small business start-ups, including: 30 years of corporate experience with Fortune 500 companies, nonprofit organizations, business ethics, economics, development, board development, and missions.
- Study abroad opportunities are available in Lithuania, Mexico, Thailand, China, the UK, and more.
The BA in Marketing is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Featured Faculty Member
Tod Gilmore, MBA
Tod Gilmore is a Lecturer in Marketing (MBA, The Pennsylvania State University; BS, The Pennsylvania State University). Mr. Gilmore has extensive hands-on marketing work experience in the retail, industrial packaging and transportation/logistics industries. Over the past 25 years he has held senior sales and marketing positions with several Fortune 500 companies including F.W. Woolworth Co., Sonoco Products Co.,and First Group America. In 2006 Mr. Gilmore co-founded Priority One Management Solutions, Inc., a provider of vehicle fleet and mobile workforce productivity and efficiency solutions. Mr. Gilmore began teaching at Eastern in the Fall of 2006 and teaches Introduction to Business, Principles of Marketing, Marketing for Entrepreneurial Firms and Business Strategy and Policy and a variety of other courses. Learn more about Professor Gilmore.