BS in Management
Why Major in Management?
The BS in Management program at Eastern University prepares students to go directly into the corporate sector, or to continue to graduate school for an MBA or similar degree in any area of business. The Management degree equips students with a breadth of understanding in business and economics, as well as more specific skills necessary for success in the business world.
The BS in Management at Eastern University prepares students to go directly into the corporate sector, or to continue to graduate school for an MBA or similar degree in any area of business. The degree equips students with a breadth of understanding in business and economics, as well as more specific skills necessary for success in the business world.
Alumni have served as human resource managers for financial institutions, vice-presidents of personnel for major corporations, buyers for retail chains, and partners in local businesses. Graduates have also gone on to MBA programs throughout the region and nation.
The BS in Management is approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Why Major in Management at Eastern?
- At Eastern University, we understand Management as a form of service to society and a form of Christian stewardship.
- Eastern integrates Christian faith and business with a missional justice focus.
- Each major within the Business Department is built upon a breadth of business disciplines such as economics, marketing, accounting, ethics and theology.
- The Business Internship Program is a faculty led initiative that seeks to provide students with working experiences to enhance their classroom knowledge.
- The ENACTUS Chapter at Eastern University is a 4x Regional Champion, recognizingÂ their pursuit of social entrepreneurship on campus, in urban Philadelphia and in Rwanda.
- Faculty members have expertise in small business start-ups, including: 30 years of corporate experience with Fortune 500 companies, nonprofit organizations, business ethics, economics, development, board development, and missions.
- Study abroad opportunities are available in Lithuania, Mexico, Thailand, China, the UK, and more.
Featured Faculty Member
Rick Jonsen, MHROD
Rick holds a Master of Human Resources and Organization Development from the University of San Francisco. He joined the Eastern University Business Department faculty in 2009 following a 25-year career in operations and human resources management, the last 12 of which were with Johnson & Johnson. Immediately preceding EU, Rick was Director of Talent Acquisition for the Johnson & Johnson U.S. pharmaceutical businesses. In the classroom, Mr. Jonsen draws on his industry experience using a discussion-based teaching style, focusing on practical application of the material under study. Students leave each course not only equipped to apply specific management skills in the workplace, but having more deeply explored their faith and its implications for business leaders and managers in the 21st century. Rickâ€™s teaching was highlighted in the Fall/Winter 2010 issue of Spirit magazine for â€śTeaching Management Through the Lens of Sustainability.â€ť Learn more about Professor Jonsen.