Communication Studies Department
Why Choose Communication Studies at Eastern?
In the Communication Studies Department at Eastern University, you'll learn the art and science of effective communication - from workplace interaction to digital media to strategic public relations.
Join our community of peers and professors to...
- Discover how different forms of communication influence the lives of individuals, communities, organizations, and nations
- Develop your God-given talents and calling
- Experience professional communications through our internship program
- Prepare for jobs in media production, PR, social networking for organizations, leading task groups, fundraising, promoting social change, and much more
- Promote justice and peace in the workplace and the world
At Eastern, our Christian faith shapes our study of communication. Our faculty have won national awards for their presentations and publications. We are dedicated to helping you explore ideas, expand your horizons, and excel in your professional and personal life.
What Communication Studies Department Offers
The mission of the Communication Studies Department is to encourage and equip students to become competent, creative, and ethical communicators who integrate Eastern University's commitment to faith, reason, and justice into each communication act. We critically explore the communication patterns and technologies through which meaning is co-created.