Student Nursing Association of Pennsylvania (SNAP)
The Student Nurses Association of Pennsylvania (SNAP) is a state-wide non-profit organization and constituent of the National Student Nurses' Association (NSNA), representing nursing students throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Eastern University's SNAP chapter consists of an active group of students who have embraced nursing education, practice, and service. Each Eastern pre-licensure BSN student is a member of the organization and personally decides on the amount of personal time that he or she wants to devote to the chapter’s activities. SNAP is not all about fund raising. The students gather each year to support one another and mentor the younger class. The officers and members are true examples of nursing students who embody a life of servant leadership.
- “Light the Night” fund raiser for Lymphoma and Leukemia research, Breast Cancer Walk
- Hearts for the Troops (candy and supplies were collected and sent to soldiers in Afghanistan to celebrate Valentine’s Day).
- Tee shirt, sweatshirt, cupcake, food, pizza, and pretzel sales. All proceeds from the SNAP initiatives support their endeavors.
- Fundraising is to assist the students who traveled to mission trips such as El Salvador and Haiti.
- Ugliest Tie and Earrings Contest. Money collected from entrance fees will also support the SNAP activities.
- Prepared breakfast for Ronald McDonald House in Wilmington, Delaware
- Fundraiser for Juvenile Diabetes Awareness
- Collected toiletries for West Chester Food Cupboard
- We Know You are Hungry Food Sale
- Sponsored resume and cover letter presentation
- Worked with Swab for a Cure