Dr. Phillip Cary
- Good News for Anxious Christians (working title), Brazos Press, forthcoming 2010.
- Augustine and Philosophy, co-edited with Kim Paffenroth, Lexington Books, forthcoming 2010.
- Jonah, Brazos Press (series: Theological Commentary on the Bible), 2008.
- Inner Grace: Augustine in the Traditions of Plato and Paul, Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Outward Signs: The Powerlessness of External Things in Augustine's Thought, Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Augustine's Invention of the Inner Self: The Legacy of a Christian Platonist, Oxford University Press, 2000.
Audio/video lecture courses
- The History of Christian Theology (36 half-hour lectures), The Teaching Company, 2008.
- Martin Luther: Law, Gospel and Reformation (24 half-hour lectures), The Teaching Company, 2004.
- Great Minds of the West (16 half-hour lectures contributed to a course of 80 lectures done in collaborationwith several other lecturers) The Teaching Company, 2000.
- Philosophy and Religion in the West, (32 half-hour lectures) The Teaching Company, 1998.
- Augustine: Philosopher and Saint (12 half-hour lectures) The Teaching Company, 1997.
- â€śSola Fide: Luther and Calvinâ€ť in Concordia Theological Quarterly, July/Oct. 2007.
- â€śA brief history of the concept of free will: Issues that are and are not germane to legal reasoningâ€ť in Behavioral Sciences and the Law 25/2 (March/April 2007) 165-181.
- â€śThe New Evangelical Subordinationism: Reading Inequality into the Trinityâ€ť in The Priscilla Papers, 20/4, (Autumn 2006).
- "Why Luther is not Quite Protestant: The Logic of Faith in a Sacramental Promise" in Pro Ecclesia, 14/4 (Fall 2005).
- "The Incomprehensibility of God and the Origin of the Thomistic Concept of the Supernatural" in Pro Ecclesia 9:3 (Summer 2002).
- "What Licentius Learned: A Narrative Reading of the Cassiciacum Dialogues," in Augustinian Studies, 29/1 (1998).
- "Believing the Word: a Proposal about Knowing Other Persons" in Faith and Philosophy, 13/1 (Jan. 1996).
- "Historical Perspectives on Trinitarian Doctrine" in Religious and Theological Studies Fellowship Bulletin, Nov/Dec 1995.
- "The Logic of Trinitarian Doctrine" in Religious and Theological Studies Fellowship Bulletin, Sept/Oct 1995.
- "On Behalf of Classical Trinitarianism: an historical and systematic critique of Rahner on the Trinity," The Thomist, July 1992.
- â€śAugustineâ€ť in Routledge Companion to Philosophy of Religion, ed. C. Meister and P. Copan (Routledge, 2007).
- "The Weight of Love: Augustinian Metaphors of Movement in Dante's Souls," in Augustine and Literature, ed. J. Doody, R.P. Kennedy and K. Paffenroth (Lexington Books, 2006).
- "United Inwardly by Love: Augustine's Social Ontology" in Augustine and Politics, ed. J Doody, K.L. Hughes and K. Paffenroth (Lexington Books, 2005).
- "Book Seven: Inner Vision as the Goal of Augustine's Life," in A Reader's Companion to Augustine's Confessions," ed. K. Paffenroth and R.P.Kennedy (Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press, 2003).
- "Interiority" in Augustine through the Ages: an Encyclopedia (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1999).
Dr. RJ Snell
- Through a Glass Darkly: Bernard Lonergan and Richard Rorty on Knowing Without a Godâ€™s-Eye View, Marquette University Press, 2006.
- â€śThe Gift of Good Sex: Thinking Contraception Anewâ€ť in The Covenant Quarterly, (2008).
- â€śUpon this Rock: Genuine Foundations and Geivettâ€™s Narrative,â€ť in Philosophia Christi (2007).
Selected Conference Presentations
- â€śResisting Boredom: Stability, Examen of Consciousness, and the Noonday Demon,â€ť Teaching, Learning and Christian Practices Conference, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI. October 2009.
- â€śThomism and Noetic Sin, Transposed,â€ť American Catholic Philosophical Association, New Orleans, November 2009.
- â€śPietism and the Conversion of Knowledge,â€ť The Pietist Impulse: Lilly Conference. Bethel
- University, Minneapolis, MN. March 2009.
- Invited respondent, The Bitar Lectures, Geneva College, PA. March 25-27, 2009.
- â€śSaving Faith: Â Neocalvinism, Radical Orthodoxy, and the Thomistâ€™s Nature,â€ť Evangelical
- Theological Society, Providence, RI. November 2008.
- â€śSanctifying us Everywhereâ€ť: Charles Taylor and the Apologetics of A Secular Age,â€ť Evangelical Philosophical Society. Providence, RI, November 2008.
- â€śThomism and Noetic sin, Transposed,â€ť Evangelical Philosophical Society Midwest Regional Meeting,
- Chicago, IL. March 2008.
- â€śWorldviews, Metanarratives, and Intellectual Conversion: An Augustinian Challenge to Realists and
- Antirealistsâ€ť. EPS, San Diego, CA. November 2007.
- â€śA More Inward Manner: Bernard Lonerganâ€™s Contribution to the Psychological Analogyâ€ť. New Projects in Â Systematic Theology, San Diego, CA. November 2007.
- â€śGodâ€™s Glory, Neighborâ€™s Good: The Pietist Option in Christian Higher Education,â€ť Reimagining Educational Â Excellence Conference, Calvin College. October 2007.
- Ontological Lapsometer: Boredom, Death, and Contemporary Culture
- Educating for Conversion: Sin and Renewal in Christian Higher Education
- â€śLove in the Ruins: On the Tyranny of the Practicalâ€ť