Steps to Complete Your Application as a First-year Student
Jump to: Homeschool Steps | Early Admission Steps
To be considered for admission, submit the following:
- Apply to the College of Arts and Sciences. Online. Print. Reinstate.
- Official high school transcript or official GED
- SAT or ACT score results
- Academic Reference. Print.
Upon completion of these credentials, your application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee, and you will be notified within 4-6 weeks of the decision.
Materials should be submitted to:
Attn: Undergraduate Admissions
1300 Eagle Road
St. Davids, PA 19087
First-year Scholarships upon Admittance
Academic Scholarships or Opportunity Grants for incoming first-year students range from $0 to $15,000. Students who apply to Eastern are considered for an academic scholarship or grant upon acceptance. Scholarship amount is based on class rank and/or high school cumulative GPA, SAT scores, references and essay(s). Renewable through yearly criteria.
College of Arts and Sciences Expectations for Admittance
Eastern University expects students to have followed a college preparatory curriculum in their secondary education, including courses in humanities, mathematics, laboratory sciences and social studies. The University will consider students for admission based on the following criteria:
- SAT combined critical reasoning and mathematics subscores (400 to 1600) of at least 1000, or ACT composite score of at least 20;
- graduating in the top 50% of one’s high school class;
- letters of reference indicating a strong likelihood of succeeding at Eastern;
- a personal essay responding to the Mission and Faith Statement of the University.
Note: Students who do not meet the above standards but are highly motivated are invited to apply and may be asked to come to campus for an interview and placement testing before an admissions decision is made.