Astra Schedule Tutorial
Summary: Eastern’s scheduling system, Astra Schedule, is a web-based tool available to the EU community for requesting rooms or searching the Calendar for specific academic sections or non-academic events. It is integrated with the university registrar system and provides for all campus scheduling needs, including access to the three Eagle Learning Center (ELC) Conference rooms. Astra has individual portal access on the home page; log in with your EU user name and password.
This instruction sheet covers two topics: the steps to submit an event request using one of several specific online forms, as well as how to search for specific classes or events on Astra Schedule.
How to submit an event request at St. Davids using Astra:
1. Go to astra.eastern.edu via Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome.
2. Log into Atra Schedule with your Eastern user name and password.
3. On the Home tab click on "Request an Event"; select the appropriate request form from the drop down meny choices:
- St. Davids Campus Request Form - Scheduled by EU Conferences for all space on St. Davids campus, excluding the three ELC conferences rooms. Three day lead time required. ELC Classrooms are scheduled for academic use by the Registrar and scheduled by Conferences for all other uses via this first form.
- Dean's Conference Room Meeting Request (McInnis) Scheduled by EU Conferences for McInnis 202 only. Three day lead time required.
- ELC Conference Rooms Request Form - ELC 200, 209, 309 - Scheduled by the ELC Front Desk. Mandatory 24 hour lead time
- Within the specific Event Request Form are several sections – please be thorough and complete because each section includes key information, denoted by asterisk. In the Meeting Generator field, please be sure to include a Meeting Name and a Meeting Type. Paying strict attention to AM and PM, provide the Event Times. Multiple meeting dates can be added by clicking on multiple dates on the Calendar.
- The Description and Comments fields are useful for including any unusual or specific notes for the Scheduler.
- Be sure to click the green Create button under Meeting Recurrance.
- Click Recurring Tab if this request is for a regularly recurring meeting (weekly, monthly, every day for a set period, etc.) After you make this choice the meeting data will come up on the right column with multiple option buttons in green shown above (save and update request, request rooms, request resources, clear meetings)
- Review requested meetings on right. Inaccurate requests can be removed by clicking the box next to that line, then clicking the Delete button above.
- You must choose the Request Rooms option prior to requesting resources. Resources are requested once you have a room, and are associated with that room.
- You can research specific meeting space and then choose from available spaces by clicking the box next to that meeting line, then clicking Request Room button above.
- On the room request page you will need to expand the column on the left to fully view each room number. Click on available to choose an open room.
- Once you are finished with this step, click on the green Request Resources button. You will be shown a page with available equipment. Once you have chosen your resources, you can submit your request.
- Email notifications are sent to the customer contact for each segment of the Astra process. Although this may appear redundant, be sure to check for any scheduler comments or notes on your notification emails.