Eligibility and Forms
ALL STUDENTS must meet the following criteria in order to receive Federal Student Aid:
- be fully accepted into a degree-seeking or certificate program*
- be enrolled at least part-time
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- have a valid Social Security Number (SSN)
- meet Satisfactory Academic Progress
- certify that you are not currently in default on a Federal Student Loan and that you do not owe money on a Federal Student Grant
- Register with the Selective Service, if required **
*Provisionally accepted students are not eligible for Federal Student Aid. Students may become eligible the semester after their provisional status has been resolved if all necessary paperwork has been completed and the student has met the eligibility criteria.
** If you are a male 18 through 25 years of age and you have not yet registered with the Selective Service, you can give the Selective Service permission to register you by answering “YES” to the question on the FAFSA, by completing a card at your local Post Office, or by registering on-line at www.sss.gov.
Financial Aid Facts Sheets for Adult Students:
Accelerated Undergraduate Financial Aid Facts Sheet
Graduate & Doctoral Financial Aid Facts Sheet
Palmer Theological Seminary Financial Aid Facts Sheet
CLEP (College-Level Examination Program)
The Financial Aid Office cannot consider CLEP credits when determining financial aid eligibility. For example, if a student registers for 6 credits during one semester and also receives 3 CLEP credits during that same semester, then only 6 credits will be taken into consideration for financial aid purposes. Also, CLEP credits do not count toward Satisfactory Academic Process (SAP) requirements.
In some instances, our office needs additional information before determining financial aid eligibility. View the Financial Aid Forms for 2015-16 & 2016-17.