Minor in Biology
Why Minor in Biology at Eastern?
The Minor in Biology¬†at Eastern University prepares students to enter the job market in careers such as education, field biology, or laboratory research.¬† The minor features consists of three areas: social science, pre-medical and environmental.
Eighteen hours are required for a biology minor¬†with no more than two courses at the 100-level.
Recommended courses for each of three minor¬†areas are listed below.
- Social Science: BIO 103, 151, 233, 234, 312
- Pre-medical: BIO 151, 152, 216, 310, 311, 312,¬†CHE 320, 322. Note that Pre-medical requirements¬†are listed on page 68 of this catalog.
- Environmental: BIO 103, 151, 152, 290, 309, 350¬†(A,B,C) and Au Sable courses
- BIO 103 and 104 are specifically¬†designed for the non-major to satisfy the core¬†requirements of integration of faith and discipline.
- BIO 151, 152 are also suitable, but are focused to¬†meet the needs of biology majors.
Full descriptions of undergraduate course offerings are available in Eastern's undergraduate course catalog.