MA in Counseling (Concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis)
Five theory and practice courses and one ethics course make up the Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) concentration. You may choose this concentration for the 60-credit Master of Arts in (Clinical) Counseling program or for additional non-degree professional credentials.
What makes Eastern’s Applied Behavior Analysis curriculum unique?
- Designed to meet the educational requirements for Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), Licensed Behavior Specialist (LBS), and Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Contains a pre-approved course sequence, which means you don’t have to provide coursework documentation to the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc.® (BACB) in order to be eligible to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination®. Our ABA program has been pre-approved by the BACB for both 3rd edition Task List and 4th edition Task List
- Offered by the only Christian institution with a BACB pre-approved curriculum in the East Coast
- Includes instruction by Dr. Walter Chung—ABA Concentration Coordinator and Professor of Counseling Psychology with BCBA-Doctoral level credential and substantial educational and clinical experience in ABA—and by others who are both teachers and clinical practitioners
- Provides emphasis on a Christian worldview and social justice best practices
- Offers convenient class scheduling options that include on-campus weekday evenings and online classes
- Delivers instruction tailored to your needs in small class sizes
The mission of the Applied Behavior Analysis concentration is to train you, the Masters level graduate, to
- Use behavioral and scientific based assessment
- Successfully implement intervention and prevention strategies
- Promote the learning of socially appropriate behaviors in school and community settings
- Successfully obtain credentialing as a Pennsylvania Licensed Behavior Specialist and national certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Next Class Start Date
Now accepting applications for an August 2015 class start in St. Davids, PA.