MA in Counseling (Concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis)
The MA in Counseling w/ Applied Behavior Analysis Certification concentration is accredited by the Master’s in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC) for the period of August 2014 through August 2024. The course sequence of five theory and practice and one ethics course within the ABA Certification concentration are preapproved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board®, Inc. (BACB®).
Distinctives of the MA in Counseling w/ Applied Behavior Analysis Certification concentration
- Pre-approved courses meets educational requirements for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination®
- Meets the educational requirements for BCBA, LBS and LPC
- The only Christian institution with a BACB pre-approved curriculum on the East Coast
- Training focused on school and community settings
- Faculty have specific behavior analysis credentials and experience within the field
The mission of the Concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis Certification is to train masters level graduates who are 1) competent in the use of behavioral and scientific based assessment, intervention/prevention strategies, and effective consultation for the promotion of learning socially appropriate behaviors in both school and community settings, and 2) academically prepared to seek national certification as Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and state credentialing in a Licensed Behavior Specialist (LBS).
Next Class Start Date
Now accepting applications for an August 2015 class start in St. Davids, PA.