Prepare for Licensure
This program is designed for students who hold a master's degree in counseling or a counseling-related field approved by the Pennsylvania Licensed Professional Counselor Board. Review the LPC regulations to confirm if your degree is eligible.
- Complete less than 12 credits in the prescribed 8 content areas of the Pennsylvania Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) regulations. Please review the Board’s educational requirements found in this FAQ document, to see which courses and field placement hours you have already met with your master’s degree.
- Or complete less than 12 credits of elective coursework to fulfill the 60 credit hour requirement for LPC
- Each student will receive a personalized, non-degree program of study tailored specifically to his or her educational interests and needs. Please be ready to provide course descriptions and documentation of field placement hours, showing which of the PA Board’s educational requirements you have met.
- Delivery: Evening, on-ground, online, and hybrid-online courses offered.
- Length: Each student will receive a personalized, non-degree program of study tailored specifically to his or her educational interests and needs (typically 3-9 credits, usually completed in one to two semesters, or 6-12 months).
- Start Dates: August, January, May, and June.
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned an undergraduate degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal financial aid options that may be available to you