Home for the summer? Want to catch up on credits or lighten your load for next year? Whether you’re a current Eastern University student, a student at another college, or a high school student looking to get a head start, we invite you to take advantage of our wide array of online summer courses!
- Full Summer Session (14 Weeks): May 13 - August 16
- Summer 1 (7 Weeks): May 13 - June 28
- Summer 2 (7 Weeks): July 1 - August 16
Cost: 50% or More Off Tuition!
- Summer Online Courses: $350 per credit. (That’s 50% off our normal tuition!)
- Resident Students using Eastern University FastPass™: $0 per credit (after aid)
- Commuter Students using Eastern FastPass™Lite: $195 per credit (after aid)
- High School Students in Traditional Undergraduate Courses: $356 per credit
BIBL 101: Nature and Meaning of the Old Testament
BIBL 102: Nature and Meaning of the New Testament
COMM 120: Introduction to Public Speaking
CSCI 150: Introduction to Computing Concepts
MATH 220: Statistics for the Social and Behavioral Science
BIOL 105: Introductory Biology
PSYC 100: General Psychology
SOCI 105: Contemporary Social Problems
POLI 103: American Government
ANTH 101: Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
GEOG 201: World Geography
INST 161: Heritage of Western Thought and Civilization: The Modern World
PHIL 100: The Heritage of Inquiry: An Introduction to Philosophy
Beyond the West
ENGL 225: Postcolonial Women's Novels
ENGL 235: Global Fiction
Formed in Christian Thought
MISS 100: Introduction to Christian World Missions
THEO 240: Introduction to Christian Theology
ENGL 236: Young Adult Literature
ENGL 302: American Literature
COMM 220: The Art of Film
INST 270: Justice in a Pluralistic Society
SOWK 110: Human Diversity and Social Interaction
....and more! For a full list of online summer courses, browse course dates and times below.
Browse Course Dates & Times
How to Register
- Current Students: Register through myEastern like you would for any semester.
- Guest Students:
- Find the courses you want using the "Browse Summer Courses" button above.
- Fill out this Guest Registration Form and email, fax, or mail it to the Office of the Registrar. (Address at bottom of form.)
- Afterward, we will contact you to confirm your registration.
- Want to become a real Eastern student? Apply today to enroll in one of our dynamic programs!
FAQs About Online Learning
While every course is unique, we can guarantee the following:
- It will use a state-of-the-art BrightSpace™ learning management system, where you will find all of your assignments, course content, and discussion boards for interacting with your classmates and instructor.
- The course will be interactive and use a variety of activities such as recorded lectures, video segments, games, case studies and group breakout areas.
- The course will be of the same academic rigor and quality of all other courses. You’ll enjoy the quality of an on-campus class, with the convenience of being able to study at the beach, pool, or your favorite coffee shop.
Community is very important to the culture of Eastern University. You will find that both your classmates and your instructor will want to communicate with you and have meaningful conversations. These conversations may happen through email, discussion boards, Skype, G-chat, or Zoom. Zoom is a program built into the learning management system that allows you to share your desktop, use a white board, and utilize video and audio capabilities.
At Eastern University, all online courses are asynchronous. Your courses are conducted according to a schedule outlined in your course syllabus, but there are no "live" classes to attend. Instead, lectures, coursework, and discussions all take place at your convenience, allowing you to choose when and where to work on your studies.
No, your class follows a syllabus with due dates for assignments. It is expected that you are in the learning management system (Brightspace) 3-5 times a week, actively participating in posting on the discussion board, submitting assignments, and viewing webinars. All assignments have due dates and courses must be completed within the scheduled block of time.
Our courses are compatible with Mac or PC platforms. In order to sign up for our online classes, you should have regular access to the internet and email, as well as be familiar with creating, format, and attaching Microsoft Word documents. It is also recommended that students have a microphone and/or headset.
Great question! Online students are taught by distinguished faculty who are also practitioners in their fields. Many students develop strong relationships with their instructors. We often hear stories of how students credit those relationships for helping them have a successful online education experience.
Questions? Contact Us!
Contact the Office of the Registrar: