Home for the summer? Want to catch up on credits or lighten your load for next year? Whether you’re a current Eastern University student, a student at another college, or a high school student looking to get a head start, we invite you to take advantage of our wide array of online summer courses!
2023 Class Dates
- Summer I 2023
May 15 -July 2
- Summer 2 2023
July 3 - August 20
Browse Course Dates & Times
How to Register
- Current Students: Register through myEastern like you would for any semester.
- Guest Students:
- Find the courses you want using our Course Offerings Website (see directions above.)
- Fill out this Guest Registration Form and email, fax, or mail it to the Office of the Registrar. (Address at bottom of form.)
- Afterward, we will contact you to confirm your registration.
- Want to become a real Eastern student? Apply today to enroll in one of our dynamic programs!
FAQs About Online Learning
While every course is unique, we can guarantee the following:
- It will use a state-of-the-art BrightSpace™ learning management system, where you will find all of your assignments, course content, and discussion boards for interacting with your classmates and instructor.
- The course will be interactive and use a variety of activities such as recorded lectures, video segments, games, case studies and group breakout areas.
- The course will be of the same academic rigor and quality of all other courses. You’ll enjoy the quality of an on-campus class, with the convenience of being able to study at the beach, pool, or your favorite coffee shop.
Community is very important to the culture of Eastern University. You will find that both your classmates and your instructor will want to communicate with you and have meaningful conversations. These conversations may happen through email, discussion boards, Skype, G-chat, or Zoom. Zoom is a program built into the learning management system that allows you to share your desktop, use a white board, and utilize video and audio capabilities.
At Eastern University, all online courses are asynchronous. Your courses are conducted according to a schedule outlined in your course syllabus, but there are no "live" classes to attend. Instead, lectures, coursework, and discussions all take place at your convenience, allowing you to choose when and where to work on your studies.
No, your class follows a syllabus with due dates for assignments. It is expected that you are in the learning management system (Brightspace) 3-5 times a week, actively participating in posting on the discussion board, submitting assignments, and viewing webinars. All assignments have due dates and courses must be completed within the scheduled block of time.
Our courses are compatible with Mac or PC platforms. In order to sign up for our online classes, you should have regular access to the internet and email, as well as be familiar with creating, format, and attaching Microsoft Word documents. It is also recommended that students have a microphone and/or headset.
Great question! Online students are taught by distinguished faculty who are also practitioners in their fields. Many students develop strong relationships with their instructors. We often hear stories of how students credit those relationships for helping them have a successful online education experience.
Questions? Contact Us!
Contact the Office of the Registrar: