Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Eastern University is an accredited institution and a member of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) www.msche.org. Eastern University’s accreditation status is Accreditation Reaffirmed. The Commission’s most recent action on the institution’s accreditation status on June 27, 2013 was to reaffirm accreditation. MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Association of Theological Schools in the U.S. and Canada
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council on Social Work Education for the Baccalaureate Major in Social Work
- Master’s in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council
- Association for Behavior Analysis International (Verified Course Sequence for Board Certified Behavior Analysts)
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)
The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is an agreement among member states, districts and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. The intent of SARA is to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state. SARA is overseen by a National Council and administered by four regional education compacts.
Pennsylvania joined SARA in January 2017. Eastern University has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. This agreement includes on-ground activities such as internships, clinical or field work experiences that occur in other SARA states for students enrolled in the university’s distance education or campus-based academic programs. Please note, however, that some states participating in NC-SARA have restrictions related to programs with clinical components. Please contact your enrollment counselor for more information about potential restrictions.
The SARA agreement does not cover professional licensure requirements. Eastern University is approved to offer programs that may lead to licensure/certification in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Students who intend to enroll in programs that lead to professional licensure should check with their respective professional licensure board. Licensure requirements vary from state to state. Students are responsible for understanding the specific requirements of the state in which they intend to apply for licensure and to be aware of any changes to those requirements. International students are encouraged to identify and contact their local appropriate licensing body. View program specific information by state.
For more information about licensure, students should visit the corresponding website for their program below:
- Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling: American Association of State Counseling Boards and for Behavior analyst: Association for Behavior Analysis International
- U.S. Department of Education State Contacts: Education Licensing Contacts
- National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification: Pennsylvania is a member of the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC). This interstate agreement offers reciprocity between the member states for educator mobility between the state borders of those educators holding certifications approved by their reciprocal state. Learn more about the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement.
- Doctor of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy Studies and PhD in Marriage and Family Therapy: Marriage and Family Therapist Licensure
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: NCSBN Nursing Licensure
- Bachelor/Master of Social Work: Social Work Licensure
Pennsylvania Department of Education
All Education Programs that lead to Certification are approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Qualified students who meet all the requirements outlined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education will receive Certification from PDE.
National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification
Pennsylvania is a member of the National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC). This interstate agreement offers reciprocity between the member states for educator mobility between the state borders of those educators holding certifications approved by their reciprocal state. Learn more about the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement.