Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Eastern University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education 3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West, Philadelphia, PA 19104 Telephone: (267) 284-5000.
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) - CANDIDATE
- Association of Theological Schools in the U.S. and Canada
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council on Social Work Education for the Baccalaureate Major in Social Work
- Master’s in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)
The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is an agreement among member states, districts and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. The intent of SARA is to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state. SARA is overseen by a National Council and administered by four regional education compacts.
Pennsylvania joined SARA in January 2017. Eastern University is now a SARA-participating institution, enabling the university to operate in all other SARA states without having to obtain approval from each state individually. This agreement includes on-ground activities such as internships, clinical or field work experiences that occur in other SARA states for students enrolled in the university’s distance education or campus-based academic programs. Please note, however, that SARA does not cover professional licensure issues.
For more information about SARA, please visit nc-sara.org.