Things to Do in Philly
Only 20 minutes from Eastern, students can enjoy the energy, history, and culture of Philadelphia, a city ranked among the top 10 best college communities in the nation by USA Today. Philly is easily accessible by walking to the St. Davids station of the Paoli/Thorndale line.
- The Arts: Tap into your artistic side. Visit an art gallery, a museum, the orchestra, or the theater through Open Arts Philly. Run the “Rocky steps” of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- Aquarium: Pet a shark or watch some hippos at Camden’s Adventure Aquarium.
- Explore: Check out CampusPhilly to learn more about getting around and the official "things to do" calendar of Philly for college students.
- Food: Eat an “original” cheesesteak from Pat’s and Geno’s. Enjoy lunch in Chinatown at China Gate. Or sample some of the best food in Philly by visiting Reading Terminal Market.
- History: Visit historic Philadelphia like the Constitution Center, The Liberty Bell, and Independence Hall. Put a penny on Ben Franklin’s Grave. Visit Al Capone’s cell at Eastern State Penitentiary.
- Music Scene: Check out the music scene around Philly.
- Planetarium: See one of the traveling exhibits at the Planetarium of the Franklin Institute.
- Sports: Go see a professional sporting event. Check out the Phillies, Flyers, Sixers, Eagles, and Union.
- Volunteer: Join a community of volunteers a local organization through Volunteer Match.
- Waterfront: Visit Penn’s Landing for fun events including ice skating, festivals, fireworks and much more.
- Zoo: Check out the wildlife at the Philadelphia Zoo.
Things to Do Near Campus
- Downtown Wayne: Enjoy restaurants, coffee shops, a quaint movie theatre and speciality shops in charming Downtown Wayne, just a short walk from campus.
- King of Prussia Mall: Visit one of the largest malls on the East Coast.
- Trampoline Park: Jump away your stress at Skyzone Trampoline Park.
- Walking Trails: Enjoy nature and history along the trails of the historic Valley Forge National Park.
- Browse additional things to do in Delaware County.
Popular Locations Less Than 2 hours from EU
- Jersey Shore: Enjoy the sand and surf on the beaches in New Jersey.
- NYC, NY: Celebrate New Year's Eve in Times Square.
- Washington DC: Visit our Nation's Capitol for a weekend.
- Baltimore, MD: Take a road trip to Baltimore.
- Lancaster, PA: Travel back in time with a visit to beautiful Lancaster County. Watch a jousting match at the PA Renaissance Faire.