Certification of Advance Graduate Studies (CAGS) or Certification Only in School Psychology

Program Details

  • Delivery: Evening, on-ground, and online courses offered.
  • Length: Varies based on incoming credits and credit load per semester. Typically completed in 12-24 months.
  • Start Dates: August, January, May, and June
  • Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned an undergraduate degree from EU!
  • Financial Aid: Discover our partner grantsmilitary benefits, and federal financial aid options that may be available to you.


If you have already earned a master's degree in a related field, you may qualify for our CAGS in School Psychology (Respecialization).  An interview and transcript review can be completed prior to applying to determine eligibility.

  • To receive course credit, a course must be comparable to the Eastern University course in terms of major topics, concepts, and objectives.
  • You must have earned at least a B in each course under consideration.
  • Unless you are working regularly in the area covered by the course, no more than 10 years may have elapsed between the time you took the course and your admission to the CAGS program.
  • CAGS (Respecialization) students receive individualized programs of study with a minimum of 33 and a maximum of 48 credits (between 11 and 16 courses)
  • CAGS (Respecialization) students must also complete a two-semester (6 credits) internship experience.
  • Either at the conclusion of the interview or shortly thereafter, you will be informed of how much of your prior graduate work is applicable to the CAGS  (Respecialization) program, and a program of study will be finalized.

Learn More: Why Eastern?

Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local district requirements may exist for field placements in this state. Out-of-state student placements cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences. Students are responsible for following all state and local district requirements and regulations for their field placement.