Offered in the Greater Philadelphia Area and Online, our Master's (MEd) in School Counseling equips you to become an advocate for students while promoting the welfare of an entire learning community. This graduate program prepares you to seek state certification as a PreK-12 school counselor, licensed professional counselor, and licensed behavior specialist.
- Location: Main Campus: St. Davids | Harrisburg, PA | Online
- Delivery: 100% Online or Blended (Combination of evening and online classes)
- Length: 2 years full-time or 3 years part-time
- Cost: View our affordable tuition rates. Receive a 20% Alumni Discount if you earned a bachelor's or associate degree from EU!
- Financial Aid: Discover our partner grants, military benefits, and federal and state financial aid options that may be available to you
- Enrolling New Students: August and January
Online Master's in School Counseling | Philadelphia Area
- Meets the competency areas established by Pennsylvania Department of Education and American School Counseling Association
- Meets the educational requirements for Licensed Behavior Specialist and Licensed Professional Counselor
- Faculty have extensive experience within clinical settings and public and private schools
- Students master evidence-based practices and research-based counseling skills
- Reduced practicum and internship hours for PA Certified Educators
- Competitive tuition, partnership grants, military benefits, and merit scholarships
The MEd in School Counseling is accredited by the Master’s in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC) for the period of August 2014 through August 2024.
- Inclusion on a professional level: MPCAC values the unique history of the counseling field which intersects with the disciplines of counseling psychology and psychology. Along with most experienced clinicians serving clients, MPCAC recognizes the benefit to the public in continuing to overlap these two areas of the field. Students with backgrounds in psychology are welcome to apply and build upon their existing knowledge in preparation for becoming professional counselors.
- Inclusion on a personal level: MPCAC is deeply committed to promoting culturally responsive services that promote the public good. Their strong emphasis on diversity and social justice aligns with Eastern’s foundational commitments to justice, reconciliation, and transformation.
Learn More: Why Eastern?
Please check the State Authorizations page to determine if Eastern University’s program fulfills your state credentialing requirements. Students who seek similar credentialing in states other than Pennsylvania are advised to contact the appropriate credentialing agency within their home state to seek information and additional guidance about credentialing in your state of residence. Additional state or local district requirements may exist for field placements in this state. Out-of-state student placements cannot be guaranteed by the program or the College of Education. Students are responsible for following all state and local district requirements and regulations for their field placement.