Please carefully read the following admissions requirements to ensure you are eligible for the program.
- GPA 2.8 (3.0 preferred) with particular importance placed on the last two years of the undergraduate record. An applicant with a lower GPA may submit GRE or MAT scores to strengthen the application.
- Completion of two prerequisite undergraduate Behavioral Science courses (6 credits within the last 10 years - Grade C or above). CLEP exams will be accepted for Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Educational Psychology, and/or Human Growth and Development.
To be considered for the MEd in School Counseling Program, an applicant must mail or email the following materials in Step 1 to:
Graduate & Professional Studies Admissions
1300 Eagle Road
St. Davids, PA 19087
- A completed application and $35 application fee. (Please note that your application fee is waived if you apply online.)
- Two Recommendations: One professional recommendation and the other academic. The professional reference must be from a present or past workplace supervisor and the academic from a college professor. The recommendations must be on our forms. **If you have been out of school for 4 or more years, you can submit two professional recommendations.
- Official Transcript(s) from the degree conferring undergraduate (and graduate if applicable) institution you've attended. Complete the Request for Official College Transcript and the Graduate Admissions Office will request your transcript(s) on your behalf.
Note: If you are a current senior/undergraduate student in the process of completing your bachelor's degree, we will need an in-progress transcript.
Note: Additional official transcripts(s) will be needed reflecting the necessary prerequisites if completed at an institution other than where your undergraduate degree was completed.
- A current resume. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your application is completed and admission requirements have been met you may be invited in to complete the following:
- A personal interview with a faculty member
- An on-site writing task
- A review of your program of study
After receiving your letter of acceptance you will need to:
- Submit a $150 tuition deposit.
- * Please note, at least 4.5 credits must be taken per semester to qualify for financial aid.