BA in Music (Audition Required)
Why Major in Music?
Music students can customize their education by choosing one of seven concentrations, which include:
- General Music
- Church Music
- Composition and Electronic Music
- Contemporary Music
- Music Education
- Individualized major*
The BA in Music at Eastern University provides students the unique opportunity to study with scholars who are dedicated to teaching, exploring, and performing music. Students develop the skills and understanding necessary to thrive in all aspects of the music world. Music students will have opportunities to participate in internships, apprenticeships, a professional semester off-campus, touring, and networking with arts organizations locally, in Philadelphia, and internationally. Eastern University is home to numerous ensembles open to students, including: Eastern Strings, Flute Ensemble, Jazz Band, Eastern Winds, St. Davids Orchestra Society, University Choir, Chamber Ensemble, and more. Each year there are also a number of music productions, including The Fine Arts Festival, The Winter Music Festival, Spring Music Festival, and The Music Gala Benefit Concert.
Audition: An audition is required for acceptance into the music major. More Information.
Why Major in Music at Eastern?
- Prestigious mentors such as Artist in Residence: David Kim, Concertmaster of the Philadelphia Orchestra
- Audition for dedicated music scholarships
- Faculty consists of performer-scholars
- Nearby Philadelphia and the historic Main Line provide ample opportunities for internships, performance experience, and involvement with art organizations
- Commitment to professional and relational integrity
- Many opportunities for field experience in schools, churches, and other organizations
- Integration of the arts and sciences with a professional focus in music, developing the capacity for diverse thinking, responsive action, and multiple employment options
*developed in conjunction with a faculty advisor and subject to faculty approval