Around the Area
Philadelphia, PA is only 20 minutes away!
There is so much to do around Eastern. For starters, take the train and explore Philadelphia, ranked among the top 10 best college communities in the nation by USA Today.
- The Arts: Tap into your artistic side. Visit an art gallery, a museum, the orchestra, or the theater through Open Arts Philly. Run the “Rocky steps” of the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- CampusPhilly: The official "things to do" calendar of Philly.
- Explore: Figure out "how to get around" Philly.
- Food: Eat an “original” cheesesteak from Pat’s and Geno’s.. Eat lunch in Chinatown at China Gate. Sample some of the best food in Philly by visiting Reading Terminal Market.
- History: Visit historic Philadelphia like the Constitution Center, The Liberty Bell, and Independence Hall. Put a penny on Ben Franklin’s Grave. Visit Al Capone’s cell at Eastern State Penitentiary.
- Music Scene: Check out the music scene around Philly.
- Planetarium: See one of the traveling exhibits at the Planetarium of the Franklin Institute.
- Sports: Go see a professional sporting event. Check out the Phillies, Flyers, Sixers, Eagles, and Union.
- Train Ride: Take the SEPTA Regional Rail in through the Paoli/Thorndale line.
- Volunteer: At a local organization through Volunteer Match or help out at SHARE food program.
- Waterfront: Visit Penn’s Landing for fun events including ice skating, festivals, fireworks and much more.
- Zoo: Check out the wildlife at the Philadelphia Zoo.
Near Eastern but not quite Philly!
- Aquarium: Pet a shark or watch some hippos at Camden’s Adventure Aquarium.
- King of Prussia Mall: Visit one of the largest malls on the East Coast.
- Jump: Away your stress at Skyzone Trampoline Park.
- Walk: Historic Valley Forge National Park.
Check out these popular locations that are less than 2 hours from EU!
- Baltimore, MD: Take a road trip to Baltimore.
- Go Back in Time: Visit beautiful Lancaster County. Watch a jousting match at the PA Renaissance Faire.
- Jersey Shore: You must enjoy the sand and surf on the beaches in New Jersey.
- NYC, NY: Celebrate New Year's Eve in Times Square.
- Washington DC: Visit our Nation's Capitol for a weekend.