Plan a Medical Career
These links are helpful as you begin to plan for your medical career. Reserve a large amount of time so that you can review these links at length. Feel free to contact Dr. Maria Fichera, Eastern’s Pre-Med advisor to help you plan your future at Eastern University in preparation for medical school.
Plan your Medical Career
- American Association of Medical Colleges
- The MCAT - MEDICAL COLLEGE ADMISSIONS TEST
- Go through AMCAS (AMERICAN MEDICAL COLLEGE APPLICATION SERVICE) when applying to American Medical Schools (allopathic).
- Careers in medicine
- Exploring medicine as a career
Other Webpages to Plan your Medical Career
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine: Osteopathic medicine is a well-established form of medical practice in the United States. It combines the benefits of modern medicine like prescription drugs, surgery, and the use of technology with the added benefit of hands-on diagnosis and treatment through a system of therapy known as osteopathic manipulative medicine. Osteopathic Medicine emphasizes helping each person achieve a high level of wellness by focusing on health education, and preventive medicine.
- If you are interested in Osteopathic medical schools, the application service is called AACOMAS (American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service).
- GRE Revised General Testing: Information on Graduate record examination
- University of Pittsburgh Summer Premedical Academic Enrichment Program (SPAEP): an intensive summer experience designed for underrepresented minority students who are interested in medicine. The program focuses on strengthening academic skills, building motivation and providing broad exposure to the field of medicine.
- Petersons Graduate School Programs
- SNMA (Student National Medical Association): the oldest and largest organization focused on the needs of medical students from underrepresented communities.
- Student Doctor Network: providing free resources like medical school interview feedback.
- Tomorrow’s Doctors AAMC: Post-Bac Programs