Why Choose Pre-Med at Eastern?
- Academic Excellence, Faith-Inspired Compassion: Pre-med and other students preparing for a career in the health professions are challenged to strive for academic excellence in their chosen major, while cultivating a love for rigorous scientific thinking and a desire to be instruments of God’s healing hands. Many of our students participate in this healing process through medical mission trips.
- Small Classes, Unique Courses: Eastern’s small class sizes facilitate learning, and unique course offerings such as Structural Basis of Human Disease enable students to holistically prepare for their future medical careers.
- Proximity to Philadelphia: Near to Philadelphia, Eastern’s ideal location close to three dental schools, a vet school, seven major medical schools, a variety of physician assistant programs, and numerous hospitals and research laboratories provide plentiful opportunities for internships and volunteer experiences.
- Research Groups on Campus: Pre-med students can join a research group on campus in the biology or chemistry departments.
- Amazing Advisor: Pre-med advisor Dr. Maria Fichera offers students step-by-step guidance and support for the following pursuits: pre-medical, dental, podiatric medicine, pre-vet, and pre-physician assistant studies.
About Pre-Professional Programs
Pre-professional programs are areas of academic interest (not a major) for students who intend to enter a professional school after graduation with their bachelor’s degree from Eastern. Students must still select a major (i.e. biology or chemistry) while also pursing a pre-professional program. Identifying the pre-professional program will enable the student's pre-professional advisor at Eastern to provide the student with a wide range of support to realize his or her next step of graduate school and vocation.
Eastern University Partners with PCOM for DO program
Eastern University has a new affiliation agreement with Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) to provide a seamless transition into their Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) program. PCOM will guarantee acceptance for up to three BS graduates from Eastern each year who meet the requirements. Learn More.
For more information, contact Dr. Fichera at email@example.com.
Medical Programs Our Grads Attend
Recent graduates of the Pre-Med track at Eastern have attended or are attending the following medical schools and programs:
- Arcadia University College of Health Sciences (PA program)
- A.T. Still University of Health Sciences/Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Ben-Gurion University of the Negev Medical School for International Health
- Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions (PA Program)
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Howard University College of Medicine
- Howard University College of Dentistry
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Lincoln Memorial University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Medical University of South Carolina (PA Program)
- Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine
- Penn State College of Medicine
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences
- Seton Hill University (PA program)
- St. George’s University School of Medicine
- Temple University Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry
- Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine
- Temple University School of Pharmacy
- Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
- Thomas Jefferson University College of Health Professions (PA Program)
- Thomas Jefferson University -Jefferson College of Pharmacy
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine
- University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Minnesota Medical School
- University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- Weill Cornell Medicine- Qatar
- Western University of Health Sciences (DO Program)
- Xavier University School of Medicine