Why Choose Pre-Med at Eastern?
- Academic Excellence, Faith-Inspired Compassion: Pre-med and other students preparing for a career in the health professions are challenged to strive for academic excellence in their chosen major, while cultivating a love for rigorous scientific thinking and a desire to be instruments of God’s healing hands. Many of our students participate in this healing process through medical mission trips.
- Small Classes, Unique Courses: Eastern’s small class sizes facilitate learning, and unique course offerings such as Developmental Biology and Structural Basis of Human Disease enable students to holistically prepare for their future medical careers.
- Proximity to Philadelphia: Near to Philadelphia, Eastern’s ideal location close to three dental schools, a vet school, seven major medical schools, a variety of physician assistant programs, and numerous hospitals and research laboratories provide plentiful opportunities for internships and volunteer experiences.
- Research Groups on Campus: Pre-med students can join a research group on campus in the biology or chemistry departments.
- Amazing Advisors: Pre-med advisor Dr. Maria Fichera offers students step-by-step guidance and support for the following pursuits: pre-medical, dental, podiatric medicine, pre-pharmacy, and pre-physician assistant studies. Dr. Meg Laakso advises students interested in pre-veterinary medicine.
EU Alum is Physician of the Year!
“I found the intimate science classes and labs at Eastern to be extremely beneficial as I prepared for a career as a physician.”
Medical Programs Our Grads Attend
Recent graduates of the Pre-Med track at Eastern have attended or are attending the following medical schools and programs:
- Arcadia University (PA program)
- Ben-Gurion University of the Negev M.D. program in International Health and Medicine
- Drexel University (PA Program)
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Howard University School of Medicine
- Penn State College of Medicine;
- St. George’s University School of Medicine;
- Philadelphia, Kirksville and Des Moines University Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- Lincoln Memorial University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Medical University of South Carolina (PA Program)
- PCOM (PA Program and DO)
- Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Seton Hill (PA program)
- Temple University Schools of Dentistry and Medicine and Podiatric Medicine
- Tufts University School of Dentistry
- Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine
- University of Georgia School of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)
- University of Missouri School of Veterinary Medicine
- University of Minnesota School of Medicine
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar